Niche marketing has come to dominate site promotion, as the internet has permanently altered the paradigms of marketing. On the World Wide Web, a small intelligent team engaged in niche marketing can produce more effective and measurable site promotion than industrial behemoths blindly dependent upon confused employees. Chris Anderson’s book: “The Long Tail: How to Sell More of Less” emphasizes this point brilliantly. Anderson says that in an era of open and instant communication channels, the model of niche marketing and site promotion has changed radically. The previous model for people engaged in niche marketing site promotion was to create a sensation to capture the attention of a wide audience. However, today, those involved in niche marketing and site promotion do thorough analysis to identify a high-density point of contact, and then exploit it for optimized results.
Niche Marketing: How to Segment the Market and Identify a Niche
Site promotion would be ineffective unless you have successfully identified your niche and engaged in proactive niche marketing. The hallmarks of a good niche market for you and your site promotion would be:
- A market segment fully aligned with your core competencies or an unattended segment where you can successfully transfer your competencies
- For niche marketing, the chosen segment should be well distinguished from other market segments owing to common traits exclusive to the niche market
- The segment chosen for your niche marketing and site promotion should be one that is fully accessible to deliver your messages and receptive to your marketing. Pentagon employees may definitely constitute a niche market, but they might not be accessible en masse for promoting a site on graphic designing.
- Your niche marketing strategy should identify a market segment that is profitable for you and would justify your investment in site promotion
- Your chosen marketing segment should also have properties where your strategies for site promotion and niche marketing can be measurable
Once you have identified a proper marketing segment open to your niche marketing and site promotion, you need to find out the behavioral patterns of the market constituents and tailor your niche marketing strategies likewise. Site promotion in niche marketing can take place through various channels like social media, banner advertisements, organic search optimization, ppc, affiliate marketing etc. However, the most important part in niche marketing and site promotion has always been the selection of the correct niche, after which, usually, everything else falls into place.